I was totally caught off guard yesterday when Yvo from It’s All About Books nominated me for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. And I was even more surprised when I found out that Lily from Mesmerized By Books mentioned me in her post as well. Eeeeep, I feel so super super SUPER excited! Thank you guys, you both totally made my day!
Here are the rules for this blogger award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Random Facts About Me:
1. My favorite Disney animated movie is Tangled. I could watch it all day long and yet, I wouldn’t be bored. I also like most Disney songs.
2. The only things I like more than books are food and sleeping. I’m serious. My perfect day would be something like waking up at 11.30 am, having something such as spaghetti or spring rolls or tomtato cream soup or even pancakes for lunch, reading reading READING until 7 pm, going for dinner, reading and just after that, going to bed (at 3 am). Oh, and while reading, I like to eat cupcakes. Or any kind of cake in each shape and form. And I like to drink tea (the British way with milk of course) or double chocolate cappucinos. But I guess you’ve already known that.
3. I’m a loser in sports. One word. Track. I’m dying.
4. I can speak five different languages: German, Mandarin, Cantonese (it’s a Chinese dialect), English and French. I was born in Germany but I also attended boarding school in the UK for some time in my life. I’m now back in Germany though.
Cantonese is actually my mother tongue since my parents are originally from China which is why I also learned to speak Mandarin.
I also understand a little bit of Luxembourgish as I spent a great deal of time there (usually during my summer holidays) with all my cousins living in Luxemburg (and I still go on holiday there every now and again since my grandma lives there). In addition, I used to be able to converse with Dutch people, with me talking in German and them answering in Dutch (yay for Dutch cousins!). Both languages however are very similar to German so I guess most German people would understand them without ever having learned them. For me, I can understand most written parts in those languages.
In addition, I learned Latin and classical Greek at school but I guess you don’t really need them today.
As for French — that was a lie. But I still aspire to learn French one day. Many people in Germany can speak French since it’s usually the first foreign modern language you learn at school after English.
5. I…..don’t like animals. Not even those super cute puppies with super big pop eyes. Call me animal-hostile or something, but I swear I just usually get really anxious and aggressive when some certain animals are around (especially cats). It might be a Chinese thing. Or my animal hair allergy (I’m really troubled with that). I just can’t stand animals although I totally support animal protection.
6. I like thunderstorms and thundershowers but only if I’m inside a house. I just love that safe feeling. (But it totally sucks if they result in power blackouts.)
7. I got stuck in an elevator. Three times.
And I’m nominating (yes, Yvo, I just totally copy past-ed your text passage):
It’s hard to find blogs that haven’t been nominated yet, so I decided to display a selection of awesome blogs by awesome people that are definitely worth visiting. Bring on the book love! In no particular order:
Hannah @ Indiereadergirl0329
Amy @ Read A Latte
Lee @ Betwixt The Sheets
Kiara @ Oh, Read It In A Day
Ellen @ Little Big Library
Ella @ The Filipina Booknote
Now, I know some of you nominated guys might not have the time at the moment or don’t even participate in blog awards at all, but that’s no biggie! I just wanted to share my love for your awesomeness!
And again, many thanks to Yvo and Lily!